Travel one of the world’s most scenic roads through the Great Ocean Road region which covers south-west Victoria and is home to the famous 12 Apostles. Start your journey throughout the region from Melbourne in Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula and discover beautiful beaches, great eateries, a fascinating heritage and an enormous range of recreational opportunities from fishing and golfing to diving and surfing.
- Take in the colourful and lively ambience of bayside Geelong, Victoria’s second largest city
- Visit quaint Queenscliff and discover the town’s rich maritime history, excellent restaurants and heritage hotels.
- Drive along the coast to seaside resort towns such as Torquay, Lorne and Apollo Bay which offer stunning beaches and water sports as well as some of Australia’s best rainforest scenery in the nearby Otway Ranges.
- Walk above the rainforest at the Otway Fly walk.
- Take a helicopter ride to get a bird’s eye view of the 12 Apostles, one of Australia’s natural wonders.
- Discover the region’s rich maritime past at historic towns such as Warrnambool, Port Fairy and Portland.
- Enjoy seafaring village life, with their fishing wharves, beautifully preserved colonial buildings and maritime museums.